Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day four part two

Ventura was very interesting. The place was called channel island national marine center so sorry for the misinformation. Also, I forgot to mention we did a beach clean up at henrys beach so we all felt very accomplished. At the channel island center, we watched a video about hows the islands became national parks and a little information about each specific island. Catalina island isn't apart of being a national park which I didn't know. This is because it has many homes on it already and some if it its privately owned by the wrigley family..yes the owner of the cubs stadium and the gum. they had a tide pool we could look at and an upper deck to get a great views of ventura harbor and the ocean. Next dinner was provided by the place and we had pasta, salad, bread, etc. we had down time before the presentations so we took alot of group pictures and fun photos. When this was over, we went to the lecture hall where graduates students were going to present their study on the kelp forrest. Before this happened, two people were slated to speak before them. the first man, who works as a biological science expert for the channel islands trapped about his research and data of how el ninos effect the animals living in the kelp forrest. He fascinated me so much that I went up to him after and said where I'm going to school and his research is exactly whati like to do. He told me santa cruz is the perfect place to go, but it's all about experience and I need to get my scuba license asap..mom.dad:). After he talked, the next guy was a dna sequencer and study of specie dna differences. He was extremely extremely smart and absolutely blue my mind with what he talkes about. I was into it, but my fellow friends were having a hard time staying awake haha. this two guys took so long that our bus arrived before we could hee the kids talk! The first guy started at 7 and the second guy ended at 850. As one of my kleaders said, "welcome to college" haha. besides for us there, the general public was there too so it was a packed house. On the bus ride back to ucsb, which was about 45 lon, I played mash on my phone with the girl from hawaii who had never heard of it before. Pretty soon the whole buys was around me wanting to do it, espically the middle eastern kids. They were so entertained by it and couldn't stop laughing. Such a simple game could bring all these different cultures together. I had a blast on the bus and look forward to our drive down to malibu tomorrow.look out southern california, I'm back for a day! W are visiting the chumash indian tribes main location and learning more about 26th

No comments:

Post a Comment