Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 2

Hey everyone. We just got done with day two and I checked out an iPad for fifteen minutes so I'm going to type fast. I woke up at 7 am and went running with emiliano, a student from gainsville florida..yes he has met Tim tebow. We ran around the lagoon and I showed
Him athletic republic pushups and p90x workouts that don't involve weight..let's just say he wasn't having fun haha. We went to the cafeteria for breakfast and I had scrambled eggs, pancakes wafefles etc. We had a presentation by the chumash indian tribe about their local customs and history in This area. It was pretty legit since they did tribal dances ad songs. Next as a group we walked to the marine science center and learned more about our experience. We received our own cannon cameras we get to keep and we get new batteries and memory cards everyday so we can take as many pictures as we want. We received a tutorial on them and was broken into our photo projects group. I have a person from Washington, rhode island, and three kids from the middle east in my group. Next we ate lunch at the dlg cafeteria and they had a taco bar! I pigged out and it wasndelicious. Next we went to the reef( research exploration education facility) we got a tour of it and they had pools where we got to hold sharks and star fish etc. We went Down to the beach and hung out after then back ton the marine center and had our first photo assignment. We just took pictures of anything tontest out our cameras and I'll upload some sick pictures later. We went back to the dlg for dinner and then back to the marine center where we learned about issues in the marine environment. We got a lecture from NOAA officials and I already knew most of it so I was able to share knowledge. We just got back and now my time is up. Yeeeee I got it done in fifteen minutes. Bye till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment