Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 5

Shout to ms dee from Alabama. Glad to see my blog is spreading. Ellie from Michigan says the Chumash village and randys blog is mindblowing. Everyone else is too busy singing Taylor swift to add to the blog. Today was a busy day. I woke uP at 620 to be ready for breakfast at 650. I got challenged to chug milk so I ended uP drinking 4 glasses of milk..each beating the set time. We got on the bus at 730 to head to californias marine exchange in San Pedro. We hit slot Of traffic coming from SB so it was about a 2.5 hr drive. This place handles all shipping and commecial boats that come into Any port south of San fan. They deal with slot of paperwork makng sure each boat is taken care of. We ate lunch their..I had a veggie sandwich with chips. Afte we got on the bus and drove up to maliabu to go to the raditional Chumash tribe site. I will pOst picture but this place is their originaal land and is set up exactly as their elders had it. They fought us the dolphin song of companionship, made traditional clapper sticks called wannokas, necklaces, we got to tour their site and take pictures. The tribe members bbqed us tri tip, chicken, made rice chcken and vegetable kabobs and more food...all food organic and grown locally. the tribe members got dressed in their traditional body painting and clothes and did a tribal ritual. We got dinner and a show cause we ate durring it. Their stoories dances songs were so cool and extruding to watch. Their culture is truly amazing and them keeping their language and livelihood alive after all they have been through is inspirational. I happy we got to go. They were going tot let us stay overnight in their huts but we didn't bring our sleeping stuff :(. I am super gulag I applied for this program. I have met some of the coolest and most interesting people I have everett with back stories you can't imagine. The photographer Matt told me stories of his job in Iran where he was at gunpoint. We are still on the bus home and they ate singing the tribal songs we learned and are on ceelo now. I'm typing on linas phone which is an iPhone since mine is dad so sorry if there are typos. Goodbye till tomorrow..we leave for the channel islands on wenseday! Ps Gina from Hawaii says aloha and Natasha from Pakistan says Saskatoon.. Hello :)

1 comment:

  1. Greeting from AL, Randy. I do enjoy reading your blog. I'm very happy and excited for this wonderful opportunity for all of you kids. Lina was beside herself when she found out she got to join the program. You could have traded your veggie sandwich w/ Lina. She's a vegetarian; and you look more like a meat kind of guy. Keep the blog coming.~Ms.Dee~

    ReplyDelete